We’re always looking for motivated people to join our team. We’re especially interested in people who share our love of fishing and our passion for the outdoors.
Available positions will be listed here.
The e-Commerce / Marketing Intern will be creating a variety of product related content for the themightyfish.com and assisting The Goose Hummock with a variety of e-Commerce, Marketing, Communications, and Business Development activities. The Intern will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities of the e-Commerce team while learning valuable skills related to marketing in the retail industry. The Internship work hours are up to 40 hours per week. The internship will last 4 to 5 months, with opportunities beginning April 2017. The intern will report to the e- Commerce / Marketing manager.
e-Commerce Team Member will be exposed to:
- Interaction with the e-commerce team, IT, and other functional business units as needed.
- Use of Adobe Photoshop CC, Microsoft Office, Lightspeed POS, Shopify, Google Analytics and Constant Contact email marketing tools
- Prepare and add detailed product attribute data, images, and writes/edits product descriptions, titles, and other meta data for our online store that sells outdoor equipment as well updates/changes to existing website product data/images.
- Write, edit and publish copy related to products and other marketing campaigns using search engine optimization strategies
- Design creative marketing graphics and copy for website and email marketing campaigns
- Create, execute, and monitor social media
- Use analytics tools and plan strategies to increase conversion rates
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities, as needed.
- Candidate must be a good writer and copy editor.
- Have some working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CC and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited university
- Junior or Senior academic standing
- Communications, Marketing, Business or any degree in the related field
- Applicants should be self-motivated and the ability to think critically, multi-task, and keep up in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for marketing and e-business, and must have strong writing skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge or passion for the outdoors and fishing would be a plus.