The #3 haywire twist tool is the quintessential tool for shark fisherman and offshore sport fisherman who needed to make precise and clean haywire twists in 12-19 gauge single strand wire.
In 2012 Laurel Tool & Engineering Co., Inc. (L.T. Marine) started experimenting with the original design and set out to make innovative improvements to make the tool more efficient to use and practical for use in a marine environment.
- Manufactured from Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel. Every component in this tool is made of Stainless Steel. The original tools were made from nickel/chrome plated brass. Often the plating would flake off and sometimes impede the tool.
- Diamond Knurled Handle for increased grip. The original tools had a smooth hexagonal shape which made griping with wet or slime cover hands challenging.
- Will make Haywire Twists on Single Strand Wire from #12 to #19 Gauge (360 lb/test) with little effort .
- This tool will not deform from repeated use on heavy gauge wire. Other cheaper model haywire tools on the market are made from nickel plated brass or plastic. After repeated use twisting heavy gauge wire, a gouge would form in the nose cone thus making the tool less effective at forming tight twists. This translates into more effort on the part of the user while twisting, resulting in sore wrists and forearms, and sloppy haywire twist! We've eliminated that problem with the use of stainless steel and changing the geometry of tool to prevent the tool from deforming.
- Available with a loop forming/tag end removal feature designed by Laurel Tool & Engineering Co., Inc. This feature allows you to make precise, formed loops, in the wire prior to running the line through the body of the tool and making your haywire and barrel twists. It can also be used to neatly break off the tag end of heavier gauge wire after completing your barrel twists.
- Made here in the USA in our manufacturing facility in Somers, CT.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.