The Shuna is Werner's most popular high angle fishing paddle. For those looking for a more efficient paddling style keeping the boat tracking straighter, this is the paddle to look at. Still versatile enough for maneuvering strokes when controlling your boat to get a better casting angle. The perfect choice for anglers looking for a light, stiff and durable high angle paddle.
- Werner Hooked fishing paddle have a smooth one piece shaft, with no external parts our shaft offers anglers confidence that fishing line and tackle won't being getting snagged on their paddle.
- Premium carbon shaft is expertly engineered in house with a higher percentage of carbon materials versus fiberglass maintaining comfortable flex.
- Fiberglass blades are impact and abrasion resistant blades, renown for their durability.
- Smart View adjustable ferrule system has the most precise, solid fit while maintaining a smooth one piece feel. Simple in design and operation, easily adjust to your desired feather with less moving parts. Better performance and longer lasting.
- Paddle Weight: 27.5 oz
- Blade Surface Area: 650 sq. cm
When determining paddle length, the kayak width is the limiting factor for recreational kayaking. The sizing chart below should ensure you aren't hitting your knuckles on the hull as you paddle. For sleeker touring/sea kayaks ones paddling style and physical size plays more heavily.
||24" to 28"
||Recommended Paddle Length
|5'5" - 5'11"
An easy way to measure in the field is to hold a paddle horizontally in your hands with your elbows slightly inside a 90 degree angle (most paddles are ovalized in the area they should be gripped). Your hands should be about two-thirds of the way between the center of the shaft and the shoulder of the blade. Again, always take stroke angle and boat width into consideration, and demo the paddle whenever possible.
When looking to choose a paddle for kayak fishing, your boat's width will be the most important factor. Kayak fishing boats are often wider than typical kayaks and require a longer paddle. After measuring the width of your kayak, follow the chart above for a suggested paddle length.